The Velineon® VXL-3s forward/reverse electronic speed control simplifies brushless technology with easy, built-in profiles. It sets up, operates, and programs just like the Traxxas XL-5™ family of ESCs so there's no tricky new procedures to learn. Traxxas' exclusive patented Training Mode™ is also included to limit full throttle to 50% for young or inexperienced drivers. For the most advanced users, the VXL-3s is equipped with two-stage low voltage detection to allow LiPo battery use, including powerful 11.1-volt 3S packs! The VXL-3s is manufactured by Traxxas to ensure the highest level of quality and support and is backed by the Traxxas Lifetime Electronics Warranty.
- Patented Traxxas High-Current Connector eliminates a common bottleneck and maintains pure, unrestricted power flow from the battery to the brushless power system.
- Built-in two-stage low voltage detection for Lithium Polymer (LiPo) battery use provides a clear signal to the driver that the battery pack is nearing its minimum voltage threshold.
- Widest range of battery options ranging from 4-cell NiMH or NiCad packs all the way up to 3S LiPo battery packs (11.1 volt)
- The patented Training Mode™ is an exclusive Traxxas feature that reduces the overall power output of the VXL-3s by 50%, making it easier for new or younger drivers to control their model. When they're ready, simply change profiles to unleash full-throttle action.
- The EZ-Set® push-button setup operates and programs just like other Traxxas speed controls such as the XL-5. This eliminates the need to learn a new set of procedures.
- The VXL-3s is programmable with three drive profiles:
Sport Mode – Fwd / Brake / Rev
Race Mode – Fwd / Brake
Training Mode**™ – 50% Fwd / Brake / 50% Rev
- Multi-color LED provides clear feedback
- Two-stage thermal shutdown protection protects the VXL-3s from overheating.
- Locked Rotor Protection™ prevents system damage by cutting power if the vehicle is stuck or the motor is bound.
- Battery Over-Voltage Protection™ causes the ESC to go into failsafe mode if the maximum input voltage is exceeded.
- Water resistent case design uses rubber seals and o-rings to protect against damage caused by water and moisture.
- Micro-fin aluminum heatsink dissipates heat.
- The built-in auxiliary fan output powers a snap-on accessory fan for increased cooling capacity during extreme use. A handy clasp on the speed control case keeps the wire neatly in place until you are ready to use it.
- MOSFET design provides high-current output (320 amp peak) with incredibly low resistance (.00075 Ohm).
- Gold plated 3.5mm bullet connectors on 12-gauge Maxx® Cable flow full power to the motor without performance strangling resistance.
Traxxas VXL-3s Electronic Speed Control with 12 gauge motor and battery cables, three preinstalled 3.5mm female bullet motor connectors, Traxxas High-Current male battery connector, universal receiver connector and instruction manual
- Installing in vehicle and connecting to battery, receiver and motor
Input Voltage: 4.8 - 11.1V (4-9 NiMH, 2S-3S LiPo)
Motor Compatibility: Sensorless Brushless
Motor Limit: None
Battery Connector: Trasxxas High-Current
Motor Connectors: TRX 3.5 Bullet Connectors
Motor and Battery Wires: 12 gauge Maxx ccable
Continuous Current: 200A
Peak Current: 320A forward and reverse
BEC Current: 6.0V DC
Transistor Type: MOSFET
On-Resistance: 0.00075 ohms
PWM Frequency: 12,000Hz
Thermal Protection: Two-Stage Thermal Shutdown
Weight: 3.88 oz (110g)
Length: 2.29" (58.17mm)
Width: 1.54" (39mm)
Height: 1.2" (30.48mm) including heatsink